Friday, October 16, 2009

Once upon a time...

..I wrote weird emo poetry(if you can call it that by some stretch of imagination, that is).
Pretty old. 2006. So, pretty much, a slice of history.

Fragmentation

No need for epic ballads
of promises contrite,
when all you feel
is apathy at my plight.

I don't have to disintegrate
inch-by-inch at your sight,
when my own parchment skin
writes suicide notes every night.

***

Counting Days



till
your july eyes
will sail me ashore
& snow-flakes of doubt
will fall on me
no more...

***


alone, you remained-
your cloaked paradise.
but every time it rained

i knew,'twas you:

in disguise.

***


ink-stains have faded,
the soul still remains
smudged.

lying crumpled in waste-bins
these memories
untouched.


***


PS - Why do I label most of the stuff I write as 'random'?

EDIT: Second reading makes me realise how shitty it was. I mean, this is the stuff I normally laugh at, not just because its emo and wannabe dark, but also because, its just so shitty. Don't read, pretty please. And how 'intellectual' of me to put it right at the end of the post. But then if I have it as the title, it'll be reason more so for people to read, so um, just to let you know, I agree with your opinion on this post, and you can save the tomatoes for later. :)

No comments: